Wednesday 24 September 2014

Sketches 22 and 23

 
#22  After the Fire
 
I did the above sketch this morning from this photo I took in 2007 of some grass trees recovering from a fire earlier in the year.
 
#23 Fruits of Neglect
 
My poor standard ice-berg roses should be looking beautiful at this time of year but they've been terribly neglected and instead are a mass of rose hips.
 
After doing two sketches today, I'm still one behind - will try to do another two tomorrow to catch up.
Check out other participants' work in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge here.
 

3 comments:

  1. Wendy - your drawing skills are simply superb. Those rose hips are just lovely. I have some neglected ones too waiting to be painted in my journal. Thanks for sharing yours. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're keeping up with the 30/30, Wendy! And I enjoyed reading about you in the last post as a tree hugger. Sending hugs from Florida, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rose hips made an excellent subject to paint, really beautiful. And I really admire your drawing skills, so accurate !

    ReplyDelete