Tuesday 16 September 2014

Oops! - Day 16


I thought I'd do one more motorbike sketch tonight and quite liked this composition. I knew that work had recently been done on the bike but it hadn't occurred to me that everything might not be back in its place. So I was a bit disappointed to discover after I'd finished it that the fuel pipe wasn't connected. So, being clueless as to what it was - let alone where it should be - I've depicted it in the wrong position (the curving pipe to left of centre). Oh well, I guess mistakes always add to the story behind the picture.

7 comments:

  1. It tells a better story that way, I think! I like the composition very much too! It's kind of an abstract of lines and forms and areas of different values. This is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah Wendy great sketch - I like the fact that you are just doing parts (even the oops part!) of the bike. Makes a very interesting piece. Makes me want to try doing a bit of hubby's bike like this. Have a beautiful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so funny Wendy, I'm sure Id make an easy mistake like that if I was sketching something mechanical like that as I haven't a clue about stuff like that either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it as an abstract anyway. Cannot tell if it is connected or not. Red, black and white are always powerful. Your choice of cropping is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never have known something wasn't right :-)) , I think you did a great job !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Wendy I was checking in with Debbie and see you are scheduled for next weeks Around the world blog hop. Well I just had to peak so her I am. I just so enjoyed your sketches and paintings. I will be back for sure. Sharon

    ReplyDelete