Friday 19 September 2014

Italian Motorgiro - #18

 
Eeek, I'm getting behind on my sketches for the challenge! I had hoped to get two done this morning but this one took a couple of hours in the end and now it's the afternoon already! This is from a photo of one of my husband's mates taken while a group of them were riding their motorbikes around the Dolomites in Italy in 2010. This is another birthday present. Because I wanted this to turn out worthy of giving as a gift, I did the initial drawing in pencil. I forgot to mention that I also did part of the last motorbike one in pencil first too. I will nip this pencil habit in the bud as I've loved what has been developing with going straight in with ink - a kind of spontaneity that I've rarely achieved with my artwork in the past.

2 comments:

  1. This should be so well received Wendy can see why it took some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background to this as well. You set-up a whole environment. I have to ask if the bike was hard to do with the perspective this way? You certainly nailed it!

    ReplyDelete