Wednesday 9 July 2014

The Emerald Isle

I've been doing and seeing so much whilst here in Ireland, it has been hard to find the time to post on my blog.

After a nightmare trip over which involved three different flights, three long waits at three different airports and over 40 hours of all but no sleep, we arrived in Dublin. After a good night's sleep my sister and I were collected by my brother who lives an hour and a half south of the city with his wife. The view of the seats in front of us had been burned into our brain so it was wonderful to swap it for the gorgeous one above which is the view from my brother and sister-in-law's diningroom window.

We were well looked after and they drove us around to see all the local beauty spots. The windy hedge-lined lanes were dotted with rustic cottages and beautiful gardens and everywhere we looked was beautifully and quintessentially Irish. 

I've really appreciated all the comments that everyone has posted on my previous few posts and I'm sorry I haven't responded. I may not get much time to do so while I'm away but I really appreciate all my visitors!! I hope everyone is keeping well!

We are now spending a few nights in Dublin.


18 comments:

  1. You have captured the essence of Southern Ireland in these lovely photos - your journey sounds just terrible, but glad that you have recovered from it all. I hate long journeys at the best of times. I wonder if you will be going to the north of the island too? if so and you haven't been, you must visit the Giant's Causeway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary, we won't be getting to the north on this trip unfortunately - we leave for Wales tomorrow. I hope you've been enjoying Paris!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear that flight sounds horrendously long. Ireland looks fabulous. Great views and piccies. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! We're looking forward to seeing you in London!!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry the trip there was so awful, but I'm sure the time there will more than make up for it. Glad to see you sketched on the plane. Lovely photos...possible paintings perhaps? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right Joan, the flight is a distant memory now! Will post some more sketches soon!

      Delete
  4. wow!!! just WOW! So beautiful your photos. It must be such a welcome relief to enjoy that lush landscape and Irish culture after your grueling trip. Have a wonderful time Wendy. dont worry about commenting, it's enough to get a look at your trip through your camera's eyes. enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Sally!!! Yes, the green lushness over here is just amazing and very soothing to the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy - even though your trip was challenging - that glorious Irish countryside is fabulous. Your pictures are so beautiful and it is like I am there with you. I hope you are enjoying everything. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! You and your husband would love it here!

      Delete
  7. Top Of The Morning To You Wendy! Cead Mile Failte! Sorry about your flight! Hope your back is okay! Love all the green!! Great paining ideas!!!! I bet it is so different than your corner of the planet! Thanks for the wonderful "soul soothing" photos! Enjoy every second and savor every minute! (My mother's family is from Cork city. Some day I hope to visit the Emerald Isle!) All the best!
    Your Leprechaun Loving Art Mate!
    O'Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having trouble responding to comments on this I-pad, often it will only allow just one sentence and then it ceases up. We missed visiting the Leprecaun

      Delete
    2. Museum. Hope all is going great with you! Hope you get to Ireland some day Michael!

      Delete
  8. I'm sorry about your trip, Wendy, but it looks like you are rewarded in the end...it looks just as I imagined! In the meantime,don't worry about keeping up with our blogs, just enjoy and soak in all the sights. We will still be here when you get back!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celia, I'll look forward to catching up on your blog on my return but I might get the chance for a quick peek now and then!

      Delete
  9. Brett Kibblewhite14 July 2014 at 08:46

    Outstanding photos Wendy... Keep up the good work!! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Brett! Nice to see you here!

    ReplyDelete