Sunday 15 September 2013

Day 15 - Peach Blossom

                                          Acrylic on board 15cm x 12cm (6" x 5")

By yesterday afternoon I was feeling exhausted by the challenge and felt I really needed a day off from it. So after spending 3 hours working on yesterday's painting "Tea and Tinsel" where I'd inadvertently turned tinsel into a wildflower, I somehow managed to wrestle paint for just a tad longer to produce this quick little painting. Two paintings in a day meant I could take a day off, yay!

I felt quite pleased with this one actually, because for once I was able to resist adding too many details. I was simply too tired! Maybe I have finally unlocked the secret of how I can loosen up - paint when totally exhausted!

It was so great not to have to paint today, so imagine my surprise this morning when I actually felt compelled to paint something. I again made it super simple as I had a lot of other things earmarked for today. So I am still one ahead. I wondered initially if I should post today's painting today and just keep this one up my sleeve for when I don't paint, but I thought it would be better to keep them in order to see the progression.

I spent a couple of hours weeding in the garden today and now I am about to do some writing. I still haven't managed to make the writing a regular thing during the challenge but I did do some at least over this past week.

4 comments:

  1. You must be exhausted but you are halfway there! I love the loose approach in this painting. Enjoy your free day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Celia, yes I do feel rather exhausted. I guess it doesn't seem that long ago for you since January when you were up to your ears in the same thing!

      Delete
  2. I love your loose painting--beautiful! I have also enjoyed scrolling thru your blog--interesting. I, too, am detailed by nature and it shows up in my paintings and I also love loose paintings. Both types are beautiful and it's fun to explore all types. Impressive that you also are a writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Judy! Yes, it is fun to explore different styles. Enjoyed visiting your blog! Good luck with the rest of the challenge!

      Delete