Thursday 29 August 2013

30 Paintings in 30 Days


Having now caught up with things somewhat over the last two weeks, I had intended to get stuck into my writing next week. I have a book that I am putting the finishing touches to and am halfway through another. Not only that, I hoped to spend more time folding and packing my greeting cards and looking for new outlets. Then a couple of days ago I noticed that Leslie Saeta will be hosting another 30 paintings in 30 days challenge at the beginning of September. I have been finding it hard to paint as often as I had been earlier in the year so this challenge should get me off and galloping again.  I'm hoping it will also force me to develop better time-management skills because I still hope to fit the writing and greeting cards in around it.

I feel quite excited about the challenge when I'm not feeling terrified. It's a huge commitment that I made on the spur of the moment, and I haven't had any time at all to get prepared in advance. But hopefully, the end of September will find me high on a sense of achievement - rather than whimpering on the floor in the foetal position.

Now for something totally different. The other day I was once again enjoying the coastline when I spotted this beautiful lizard with it's baby sunning itself in the watery sunshine. I'd never seen a baby one before, but unfortunately I didn't get long to admire it as the mother flicked it into the crack in the path as she bravely remained where she was to protect it.





9 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy, what a fantastic idea to do the 30 days painting challenge! I think indeed it's a huge commitment, but I think you can do it! I hope you're going to post your daily paintings.
    The greetings cards look awesome, they're so many! I can spot the lizard, he's beautiful. Love the ocean! Good luck with the painting challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your vote of confidence Hilje! Yes, I do intend to post my paintings each day.
    The amount of cards on the table is just the tip of the iceberg compared to what remains to be done. Luckily, I find it rather relaxing doing all the folding.
    I love how your latest painting is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes on your challenge.
    Love the views!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Wendy!I did her January challenge and found it to be an invaluable experience.
    The lizard is so attentive to look out for her young and I love seeing photos of the beautiful ocean you have nearby! Best wishes for all your projects and I will be cheering you on my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Celia, I appreciate your support! I think it was through looking at the entries in the January challenge that I first discovered your blog. I had hoped to participate in that one but was too exhausted at the time, so I'm very pleased it has come up again. I remember that you did a great job with your challenge and created lots of beautiful paintings.

      Delete
  5. Hello Wendy!
    First the photo you posted of your greeting cards is a work of art. When I first saw the small photo it looked like a cubism painting! Maybe it would make a good painting?
    Good luck with the challenge and your book! You have so many talents! Best part is you take advantage of them!
    I love the photos! Both walkways to the beach look like any of the entrances to our wonderful Cape Cod, Massachusetts, USA beaches! There is an old song "Your Sure To Fall In Love With Old Cape Cod!" Pretty good description of my beach area!
    Keep on keeping on making great art!
    Your USA Cobber!
    Michale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael,
      Thanks for all your very supportive comments! I would love to see the beaches in your part of the world some day - from what I've seen of that area in movies they look very scenic indeed! I will have to google them on images.
      Happy painting!
      Your art cobber,
      Wendy

      Delete
  6. Good for you taking on the 30 / 30 commitment. Sometimes the best way to get things done is to over commit, and then you work like a mad dog making it happen! It can be a real motivator! You impress me with your writing commitments too Wendy. Your cards are gorgeous, and I'm loving the seascapes as subject matter.

    ReplyDelete